Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just another day.

Here we are on Saturday. Time to review the Primary lesson for tomorrow..... Today I get to make another attempt at getting my house in some kind of order. I've decided that until it's just Tyler and I again, that's all it will end up being is attempts. There is always some kind of chaos with kids. The most upsetting thing right now, aside from only having one car right now, grrr, is that I think we have a thumb sucker. Little Tyler is starting to pull his pacifier out and put his thumb in. When I see it I pull it out and put the pacifier back in, but there's only so much you can do. If he wants to suck his thimb he's going to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the joys! Your oldest is almost 5 and you're just now figuring out that cleaning house is always an "attempt?" ;) I'm ignoring my house this week! There are aspects about having my husband gone that are AWESOME! Like... Not having to care or answer over the state of the house!

Deanna said...

I am glad you are resigned to letting him suck his thumb if he prefers. There are some advantages of him using the thumb. You never have to go searching for the pacifier during the middle of the night or wondering where the kids shoved the silly thing in the car. I think too that most kids will naturally give up the thumb about the same time as a pacifier if you don’t encourage them using it. The trouble comes in when they keep using it either one after about 1 ½. Or like when your sister was 2 and started sucking her thumb because she saw this other little girl sucking hers. Your other two siblings gave their finger sucking up naturally around a year or so.
About the house-don’t sweat it. Keep it clean but the clutter will always be there. And as they move away (??) they leave their clutter with you so you still have it. You just put it in boxes until one day they say, “Oh, you still have that stuff. I thought you got rid of that a long time ago.”